Kickstarter is a crowdfunding or crowdsource funding platform for creative projects and includes everything from film, games, design, music, art and technology. The key to any successful Kickstarter campaign is visibility and exposure because that is what will the draw attention of prospective backers, and if the campaign on your Kickstarter landing page that resonates and connects with that audience, they will contribute to your project.
I. Crafting the Headline
Let's start with the process of crafting a headline. Keep the headline as straightforward as possible and mention Kickstarter. Your headline should include:
- Kickstarter Campaign acknowledgement
- Call to action such as Launches, Creates, Invents, etc.
- Project Name and Description (no more than a few key words)
For example, if you have a mobile bowling app called MoBowling, your Kickstarter press release headline could be "Kickstarter Project MoBowling Mobile Bowling App Launched" or "Mobile Bowling App MoBowling Launched on Kickstarter".
II. Writing the Press Release Body
Next, we will go through the workflow of your press release body.
- Include the City, State and Date (eg. "LOS ANGELES, CA - 04/02/2016") in the beginning of your press release body followed by two dashes and then the start of your press release.
- In your Lead or first paragraph, you want to be clear what the Kickstarter project is and what the announcement pertaining to the Kickstarter project is (ie. whether this is a product launch, completion of hitting certain fundraising milestones, etc).
- In the next two or three paragraphs, details should be provided to back any claims on the lead paragraph. Be sure to include quotes from an authoritative member of the project such as the Founder, Creative Director, Inventor or CEO.
- Close your press release body with a call to action directing the audience to visit your Kickstarter page, website or both.
Tips for your Kickstarter Press Release:
- Use the Kickstarter URL shortener to have a cleaner Kickstarter link in your press release.
- Include a clear image of your idea, invention or product.
- Upload any promotional videos to YouTube and include the link at the end of the press release.
III. Sending Your Kickstarter Press Release
Finally, you are ready for the world to see your press release. We recommend using our Premium Press Release Distribution at $129 because it gets sent out to over 100,000 journalists with guaranteed syndication to 375+ media outlets including national, regional and local news sites, major newspaper sites, TV & radio sites, financial feeds and industry journals. It also includes guaranteed syndication to ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, CW and major search engines including Google, Bing, Yahoo, Google News and Bing News!
IV. Real Kickstarter Press Releases from Real Customers
Here are some examples from actual customers who have used Press Release Jet to promote their Kickstarter projects: